BRAND NEW TRAINING AT THE HEALTH AND FITNESS CLUB: EMS
InterContinental Doha The City is pleased to offer the revolutionary EMS training to residents of Qatar. Get fit in less than 30 minutes with certified trainers in a location with a gorgeous view of the city. Use EMS for 20 minutes and feel the effects of a 6 hour workout!
What is EMS?
EMS stands for Electro Muscular Stimulation and it is an effective form of training appealing to a wide spectrum of target groups
Most important benefits and advantages include:
– Stimulates all muscles groups individually and separately at the same time
– With EMS we can achieve working with more than 90% of the muscle fibres at the same time during each contraction
– The training session itself is only 30 minutes, but the workout is 18 times more intense than conventional training
– Treatment of back pain
– Reduction of body weight
– Improved endurance capacity
– Increased blood flow has a positive effect on the skin, the body is toned and cellulite can be reduced effectively
– Improves the physical performance: you feel more flexible, healthier, and you tire less quickly
From a technical point of view, it is a full body training exercise using impulse currents. With this training method, electrical impulses are used to make the horizontally striped muscles contract directly, whereas during conventional training the muscles are directed by the central nervous system to make a contraction, which then leads to a movement. With EMS, the muscular system gets external electrical impulses.
There are absolutely no negative side effects for sport-healthy humans. On the contrary, there are a lot of positive effects. Electro treatments are also a recognized part of classical techniques in physiotherapy since the 1950s. The low-frequency impulse exclusively activates the striated skeletal muscles. Organs and the heart are not reached.
A healthy lifestyle can only be achieved through an overall approach, individualized to a person’s specific goals and needs. The team empowers individuals towards a life-changing behaviour and thus success with the most effective tools in just 30 minutes.-
– Male and female trainers are both available upon request.
– Package rate for 10 sessions is QAR3000. Rate for one session is QAR350.
– Sessions are subject to availability and scheduling is required.
– The Health and Fitness Club is on the 46th floor at InterContinental Doha The City.
For more information and reservations please call 4015 8661
CLASS SCHEDULES AT INTERCONTINENTAL® DOHA THE CITY:
LesMills Body Pump: Sundays and Wednesdays – 6 pm; Thursdays – 9 am; Fridays – 10 am
Kids Yoga: Sundays and Tuesdays – 4 pm
Hatha Yoga: Sundays – 5 pm
Slow Flow Vinyasa Yoga: Tuesdays – 6 pm
Zumba: Sundays – 7 pm; Tuesdays – 7:30 pm
Karate for Kids: Mondays and Wednesdays – 4:30 pm
LesMills RPM: Mondays – 6:30 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays – 5 pm
Pilates: Mondays – 7:30 pm, Wednesdays – 7 pm
LesMills BodyBalance: Mondays – 5:30 pm, Fridays – 11 am
Salsa: Saturdays – 8 pm for beginners and 9 pm for Intermediate students
Bachata: Saturdays – 7 pm
For class reservations, call 4015 8661.
Click here for the F&B promotions at the hotel.