Education is one of the key investment pillars of Qatar’s 2030 vision. HE Sheikh Mansoor bin Jassim bin Thani Al Thani, invited a number of outstanding UK schools to discuss a genuine partnership to contribute towards fulfilling the country’s vision.
After a rigorous selection process, King’s College, located in the city of Taunton in the West of England, was awarded the partnership and King’s College, Doha was born.
The collaboration is real and meaningful. It enables teacher and pupil exchanges and a direct translation of the King’s curriculum, including significant investment into specialist teachers and world-class facilities.
The College provides first-class teaching that caters for the needs of each child, blending the power of tradition and culture with innovation and enquiry. King’s College, Doha offers an environment that encourages all children to be understanding and tolerant, whilst developing the self-confidence to express their own ideas and opinions.
The aims of King’s College, Doha are to provide:
– an inspirational experience that prepares children for the next stage in their life
– a happy, safe and nurturing environment in which children can foster a sense of belonging, respect for one another and good global citizenship
– a teaching environment able to blend the power of tradition and culture with innovation and enquiry
– first-class teaching that caters for the needs of each child
– all children with an extensive programme of co-curricular activities through a extended day allowing them to discover interests and talents beyond the classroom through sport, drama, music, art and design
– an environment that encourages all children to be understanding and tolerant of others, whilst developing the self confidence to express ideas and opinions
– every child with the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills, preparing them well for a bright future